Woman’s Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) Children’s Home
The foundation stone of this beautiful Victorian building on the corner of Glen and Stanley Streets was laid on 1 October 1898. The stone was laid by Mayor A. Fettes.
The land was donated by the Council. Most of the money for the project came from the WCTU’s tea and coffee stalls at sports and agricultural shows.
It is now in use by the Department of Fisheries