The Albany Road fire station was opened in 1930. The station served the entire Port Elizabeth city until 1966 when another station was built at Sidwell.

This group of beautiful buildings in the Art Nouveau style comprised the station and blocks of flats around the main building to house the firemen. The old buildings were later sold for commercial purposes and the flats to private owners.

The building can be seen on this picture with another RichmondHill landmark, the Erica School for girls in the background.

Where is this place?

Click to view this place’s location in Google Maps.

Find it